April & May 2019/ Tokyo – Japan
Applications are now closed – We are very pleased to announce the selection of Alison Carpenter Hughes for the first 3331 residency place. Alison joins 3331 on April the 2nd for 2 months.
StudionAme is proud to be collaborating with AIR 3331 in Tokyo to establish an exploratory residency as part of our Toru Namekawa residency programme.
For more information on AIR 3331 please visit: www.3331.jp
Who can apply?
- Artists & creatives practicing in or engaged with the Leicester arts/creative scene.
- Students from the De Montfort University Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities (BA, MA or PhD)
What will you receive?
- Return flight tickets
- Full accommodation through AIR 3331
- Shared artists studio
- Critical and logistical support throughout the process from studioname.
- Option (schedule dependent) of solo show through AIR 3331
You will be expected to cover your own personal costs while in Japan including food, internal domestic travel and health insurance.
What will be required from you:
To spend two months carrying out your residency and upon returning to Leicester, to give 3 talks/presentations about your experience and your work.
- 1 for DMU students
- 1 for AAC visitors/ the general public
- 1 for local artists/ academics
There will be funding available for the delivery of these talks.
The selection process.
Download the application form from the link below (“AIR 3331”)
Hand written applications will not be accepted and your proposal should include reference to:
- Please describe how 2 months at AIR 3331 will benefit both your own practice/career and help build cultural and creative links between the UK and Japan.
- How will this residency allow you to build upon or develop your current work and what do you plan on doing once you return to the UK?
Applicants must submit:
- The completed application form
- A CV detailing recent projects, exhibitions, workshops and residencies
- At least 10 high-quality images of your previous projects, works or exhibitions, which could include unrealised proposals.
Return these application documents to email@example.com no later than Friday the 2nd of November 2018 deadline as PDF files. Skype interviews will take place between the 8th and 13th of November. The awarded Applicant will be notified no later than the 15th of November 2018.
The final selection will be made by Steven Allbutt, Yuka Namekawa (StudionAme) & Benedict Carpenter (De Montfort University Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities).
Please visit 3331 HERE to find out more.